Have you ever thought that you’d like to SERVE at Central, but don’t know where?
Here’s a quick checklist to help you figure out where you can best use your spiritual gifts:
1. Pray about it. Ask God where He wants you to serve.
2. Get involved with others. Gifts are given for the purpose of serving the body of Christ.
3. Be sure you have a passion for serving in your area. Is it something you want to be devoted to?
4. Once you’re involved, be aware of how others respond. Value positive feedback and constructive criticism.
5. Continue to ask God for guidance and wisdom. Strive to be the best servant you can be.
On the menu to the left, you’ll see a few different ways you can connect with other people and get plugged in to a variety of ministries here at Central. It’s our calling to serve Christ, but it’s important that we utilize the gifts and talents God has given us.
If you’re still unsure of where to serve, a Spiritual Gifts Inventory is also a great tool to explore your own spiritual gifts and figure out where you want to serve. This self-evaluation may help you discover gifts and talents that you never realized you had. And for people who are already serving, it’s never a bad idea to re-evaluate things once in a while to ensure that you’re making the best use of your gifts and talents for the Kingdom.
Jessica Pastirik is Central’s Director of Involvement Ministries and would be delighted to help you with a Spiritual Gifts Inventory. You can contact her at the church office by phone (815-673-1581) or by e-mail (Involvement@centrallive.net).